Guacamole Salsa Recipe
This is the best ever dip recipe.
And the best ever guacamole recipe.
And the best ever accompaniment to tacos, nachos and corn chips of any sort.
In other words, I really love this recipe. I make this guacamole salsa all the time because it is full of many good things (omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin K, vitamin C, vitamin B6, fibre, vitamin K and more) and it tastes amazing. 🙂
I have been making it for many years and everyone always asks me for the recipe. So finally, here it is! It is more complicated than people realise but definitely worth the effort.
- 2 tomatoes skinned and diced
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 2 ripe avocadoes
- ½ a red chilli seeded and chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1-2 teaspoons of dried coriander leaves
- 1 lime
- salt and pepper to season
- Place your diced tomatoes into a large bowl. It really is worth peeling them first.
- Add the garlic and chilli.
- Mash your avocados in a seperate bowl and then add them to the tomato mixture.
- Add the olive oil, cumin, coriander and lime and stir it all together until you get an even consistency.
- Season to taste.
I hope that you like it!
It is perfect to serve with corn chips at the start of a summer bbq, but because of its great health benefits it is also perfect smeared on toast, added to wraps or as an accompaniment to a simple soup.
Happy Eating and enjoy your long weekend!
You might also like
Eat My Street is a food and lifestyle blog dedicated to “good food for the good life” in Melbourne and beyond. Follow us on Facebook or for more great recipes by here.