This Friday, Saturday and Sunday, Tussock Upstairs Gallery in Point Lonsdale is celebrating its first ever Heide Footsteps Festival. The Festival is being held to commemorate the famed and influential Heide group of artists, and their connection to the local Point Lonsdale area.
The Heide artists group including Sidney Nolan, Albert Tucker, Sunday and John Reed, and Joy Hester, used to holiday in the Point Lonsdale area. Local gallery owner Bevan Shephard felt this historical connection was worth celebrating and so the idea of the Heide Footsteps Festival in Point Lonsdale was hatched.
Events are being held in Point Lonsdale for the whole weekend and include;
- Point Lonsdale Lighthouse Tour 9am to 1pm Sunday
- Heide Footsteps Exhibition all weekend @Tussock Upstairs Gallery
- Wine tasting with Terindah Estate
- Heide Footsteps Walking Tour at the Surf Club 11.40am Sunday
- An evening sound and light show at Tussock Upstairs Gallery
- Heide Book Launch 2pm Sunday @ Tussock Upstairs Gallery
- Live music throughout the weekend.
- Jazz Supper dance on Saturday night at the Point Lonsdale Bowling Club
I was lucky enough to visit the gallery in time to see the gorgeous and talented Sassy Soul Sisters perform live on the outside deck of the gallery. They were fabulous and the location was amazing.
The whole town was enjoying the beautiful weather and the sweet sounds drifting down the street.
Why don’t you pop by tomorrow November 1st to see Sassy Soul Sisters sing again, 4pm -4.30pm on the upstairs gallery. Or attend one of the other events being held at the gallery or in the local area.
Visit www.tussockupstairs.com.au for more information on the rest of the weekends events.
Enjoy the sunshine.
Dani B xx
Tussock Upstairs Gallery
89 Point Lonsdale Rd, Point Lonsdale
Saturday 30th October to Sunday November 1st.