Pear and Chocolate-Chip Muffins Recipe
This recipe is a great way to use fresh pear in your baking. Just peel and dice 1-2 fresh pears and they can go straight into the mixture. This recipe makes a delicious after school snack or even an occasional lunch box treat and like all muffins, they are best eaten straight out of the oven.
- 2 cups of SR Flour
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 1 cup of chopped, peeled pear
- 1 egg lightly whisked
- ¾ cup of buttermilk
- 1 cup of melted butter
- 1 cup of dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius and grease or line a 12 capacity muffin tin.
- Combine the dry ingredients (except the chocolate chips) together in a mixing bowl and stir until just combined.
- Add the cooled, melted butter and then the buttermilk and egg.
- Stir lightly and add in the pear and chocolate and store until just combined.
- Spoon into tin and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
You can freeze these muffins or store in a sealed container in the fridge.
Enjoy your weekend and happy eating.