Day 13. If you are happy and you know it clap your hands.

If you are happy and you know it clap your hands.

What a funny little song. I am sure most of us used to sing this at some point in our lives. Children, or course, are always happy and are therefore more than willing to go along with such instructions.

clap. clap.

Unless they are crying and sad at which point they still might be willing to go along with it.

Adults on the other hand are much more analytical and prone to intense thought and comparison. Our lives are also dramatically more complicated thus leaving the consideration of whether or not we are happy, a far more complicated question.

What really makes me happy and what makes you happy? And what kind of happiness is it that we are after anyway?

The point of the gratitude challenge is to really bypass all of that and to just think mindfully and purposefully about three things in the day that we are thankful for. Full stop. No further analysis required.

So in the spirit of gratitude then, here are my three.

1. My health.

As a very nasty flu rages its way around my workplace, with people dropping like overheated, shivery flies I am thankful that currently I am feeling rather well. Winter in Melbourne never does great things for my health and in the many years that I have spent at home with little children, they have give me nearly every single one of their colds and coughs. But today, thankfully, is not that day.

2. Encouragement from a friend.

I was texting a friend yesterday and made mention of the fact that I was having a rather “complicated” day. She immediately offered to say a prayer for me which I found rather dazzling. The older I get, the more I am touched by the kindness and love shown me by other people. Something to do with having 99% of my brain dedicated to looking after other people and the other 1% dedicated to complaining. Kindness from a friend is such a breath of fresh air.

3. Doing Mum stuff with my boys.

I am still adjusting to my new work hours and as a result I have missed two important games of basket ball. When I say important, I mean it in a sentimental fashion because you will never witness a more hilarious and gorgeous sight than this little band of 5 year olds running wildly around the basketball court.

Well yesterday, I swung in at the last quarter and managed to catch some of the game. Then to top it all off I spent the evening dancing with my boys at the school disco. Very funny, very cute and a good dose of heart warming.

So, how has your week been?

To help you along I have created a free printable. We have been going for nearly two weeks now so there are bound tone days where you can’t think of anything new. So to help you out I have a list of prompts. Cool.

Gratitude prompts

If you like that, you might be keen on my free gratitude journal pdf.

Sign up to grab that baby

Dani xx

———————————————————–

Join the 31 days of gratitude challenge now to be reminded of all that is good in your life. You will not regret it.


Dani B is a food and lifestyle blogger from Melbourne. She has three kids, a naughty puppy, too many jobs and hankering to live in an Agatha Christie novel. She writes about good food for the good life in Melbourne and beyond.

 

 

 

 


Todays post is bought to you by the busy Mum’s happiness creator “Marley Spoon.” Because we could all do with a little help in the kitchen now and then. Am I right?

Related posts:

It's only fair to share...Email this to someoneShare on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedInShare on StumbleUponShare on YummlyPin on Pinterest