Cauliflower Steak Recipe with lemon and capers
I am a great cauliflower lover these days, even though when I was younger I did not really care for it.
Cauliflower is such an awesomely versatile veg and home cooks are so creative with ways to use it.
As part of my own mission to find new exciting ways to cook fresh, seasonal vegetables, I have tried cauliflower rice and these cauliflower bites (a personal favourite).
Both of them are great as a delicious way to get more veg into your life.
Last year I also made quite a bit of roasted cauliflower by simply adding it to my other roasted veg with a little olive oil and salt.
This Neil Perry recipe for “Whole roasted cauliflower with lemon and mustard” makes for a rather spectacular dish and is one of my favourites. It is also part of the inspiration for my own cauliflower steak recipe.
Cook this cauliflower steak recipe as part of a roast dinner or even as a side dish to serve with a rice bowl. I enjoyed eating this on it’s own as a pre dinner snack but that is probably just me!
Cauliflower steak recipe with lemon and capers
- 1 large cauliflower
- ¼ teaspoons of salt
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp salted baby capers, rinsed and drained
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Grab a baking dish.
- Cut the cauliflower into 5 thick slices, leaving the base intact.
- Drizzle with olive oil and scatter salt over the top then massage the salt and oil in.
- Place in the oven and roast for 35 minutes until tender and browned in places.
- While that cooks, make the dressing.
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, extra salt and mustard. Stir through the capers.
- When the cauliflower is cooked and ready, remove from the oven and drizzle over the dressing. Serve with the extra dressing on the side.
I am sure you are going to love this Cauliflower Steak Recipe with lemon and capers. Tangy, salty and delicious, it will help you do something different with this great, versatile vegetable.
What is your favourite way to cook cauliflower? Have you tried cauliflower rice yet, and if so, did you like it? I don’t think I’m quite convinced yet.
As my website “grows up” I realise most of my cooking involves two things; vegetables and cake. What a lovely combination for life yes? I am particularly interested in exciting, modern ways to cook vegetables, and traditional, tried and true ways to cook cake.
Do you have a great traditional cake recipe that you would like to share?
Then send me an email. The older the recipe the better.
Or you can join me on Facebook where I look forward to hanging out with my fellow food enthusiasts.
You might also like
Come play with us…..
Food, gender politics, Psychology, cheese, Craig David, recipes, trash TV. We got it all!
Food, fun, food and more food.
What’s on, family, fun, food, friends, mindfulness, tea, cook books and more. Help me reach 500 page likes. Go on. Do it!
“I think I can, I think I can.”
Or fine me on Pinterest
Thanks for stopping by.
(I’m on the left. Excellent human Poh on the right).