Marley Spoon Review
At the beginning of this week I was very pleased to have this delivered right to my front door.
The first thing that I normally think about when I wake up on a Sunday morning is what I have to get done that day, because Monday morning the whole family hits the ground running. This gorgeous little delivery, combined with school holidays for me and the kids, meant that this week I could leave ‘grocery shopping” until a later date!
I had a box containing two “recipe bags” delivered to my door, with enough ingredients for one meal in each bag. Everything was appropriately packaged to stay cool and fresh and can be kept in the fridge for up to 4 days meaning if I decide I don’t feel like cooking something that night, I can simply keep it for another night. I think this is how I would tend to use the service, order a couple of “meals” and then cook myself on the other nights.
I made the Brown Rice and Quinoa Congee and the Moroccan Beef Pilaf. Both dishes were ordered to serve two, but I actually stretched them to one adult and two children with a little bit of left overs.
The instructions were simple and clear and there was not a scrap of wastage!
Both meals were delicious and were enjoyed by both the kids and I.
Things I loved about my delivery.
- Less grocery shopping for me.
- Less clean up was required after dinner because there is just not much wastage.
- The simple pleasure of having opening a package that was delivered right to my door.
- I tried a couple of great new dishes that I had never made before.
- The kids liked the food! (this is a big win for me).
- I was able to chose a delivery time that meant the food was delivered before I would normally leave for work (3am to be precise).
- The recipes are quite healthy with a focus on whole grains, something I am trying to eat more of.
Things I didn’t like
- There was a bit of lag time (2 weeks) between ordering and delivery which a few of my friends have mentioned as a problem and I noticed too. Things can change a lot from one week to the next so this could make it a little hard.
- There was more packaging than when I buy things myself at the supermarket, although the accompanying paperwork points out that it is nearly all reusable and recyclable.
Overall this was an excellent experience. I was still able to cook and prepare dinner myself using fresh ingredients but the time savings were awesome. I loved it so much that I am adding it as an affiliate partner to my website.
If you would like to get Marley Spoon delivered to your door too you can currently get $35 off your oder.
Prices vary depending on how many meals you would like to order and how often but you can CLICK HERE to find out more.
Marley Spoon food delivery service
Operates out of Sydney
Currently delivering to Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne, Brisbane, the Gold Coast, Wollongong, Newcastle and NSW’s Central Coast with more coming soon.
Got questions? Feel free to comment below or send me an email and I’ll see what I can do.
You might also like