The Ultimate Chocolate Cookie Recipe
These chocolate cookies are the perfect recipe for feeding the hungry crowds. With the arrival of school holidays, they are also perfect for feeding the hungry children. They are everything you want in a biscuit: crunchy, chewy, gooey and chocolatey. What more could you ask for?
Use whatever chocolate you like for these, today I used milk chocolate, but I usually use what I’ve got lying around.
- 200g Butter
- 50g White Sugar
- 100g Brown Sugar
- 2tsp Vanilla
- 1 Egg
- 300g plain flour
- 2tsp baking powder
- 80g desiccated coconut
- 300g chocolate chopped
- Preheat oven 175c.
- Place butter and sugars in a mixing bowl and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and egg, continue beating until well combined, light and creamy.
- Remove bowl from mixer stir in sifted flour and baking powder, along with chocolate and coconut.
- Place spoonfuls of mixture onto baking trays and bake for 12-15 minutes.
I am told they have been triple tested on some very lucky Mum’s at the school gate at drop off time. I wish my kids went to that school!
Maybe you could make a batch these holidays, or if you are feeling very brave, let the kids join in the baking.
Sharon is our guest contributor for the day. Our resident queen of sweets, Sharon is a busy Mum to 4 gorgeous kids and a excellent home cook. You might also like her recipe for lemon meringue cheesecake pie or her amazing choc-cherry & rum balls. We’d love you to sign up or follow along on Facebook to see more great recipes.
Looking for other great meal ideas for the kids these holidays?
- Try our very popular Chicken San Choy Bao. Easy to make, and fun to eat.
- Moroccan meatballs recipe. Perfect served with cous cous, or a a loaf of crunchy bread.