On Christmas Eve we had the privilege of enjoying the most grand of holiday dining experiences, the buffet lunch at Collins Kitchen in Melbourne.
I do not normally go for a buffet lunch experience, but this special family lunch called for a lavish setting with elaborate service and good food with variety. The Collins Kitchen special Christmas buffet seemed like the perfect fit.
Collins Kitchen Buffet Lunch included the following
- sushi station with Korean fried chicken
- a variety of meats from the carvery
- a dumpling station
- salad bar
- an impressive selection of excellent and local cheeses and terrines
- an assortment of roast vegetables
- fresh linguini, pappardelle, penne napoli, pesto or brocollini cream sauce.
- fresh seafood.
- spectacular cakes, sweets and other desserts including plum crumble, spicy chocolate yule log cherry dacquoise, praline roulade peach & vanilla yule log.
- fresh sorbet and ice cream.
My favourite dish was the Korean friend chicken and the very excellent and varied cheese selection, including a lovely terrine.
Dessert was also very special and we all spent quite a bit of time returning to sample the array of fresh fruit, cakes, ice-creams, freshly made pancakes and gingerbread.
The food was very, very good for a buffet and service was excellent. We were seated in the lounge area of Collins Kitchen and it was peaceful, quiet and comfortable despite the busy surroundings.
We had an excellent lunch and I would recommend the Collins Kitchen buffet lunch if you are looking for a luxurious buffet dining experience where you can just take your time and enjoy your surroundings and feel spoilt for one day.
Collins Kitchen Grand Hyatt Buffet
123 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000
Phone:(03) 9653 4831
Dani B is a food and lifestyle blogger from Melbourne, Victoria. You can read about her favourite places to eat by clicking here. She also loves to cook and posts her favourite simple, tasty recipes every Friday. Read more about Dani B and Eat My Street. Or follow along on Facebook. Thanks for stopping by! xx
You might also like…