Hello and welcome to Friday. How lovely to be here finally. I am not sure what your plans are for the weekend, but if you are wondering what’s on in Berwick & beyond this weekend, I have a few great ideas.
2. @21 Festival Flash Picnic in Warragul. Register to attend and you will receive a text detailing the secret location. Register here. Guests have to bring their own picnic although it sounds like there might be some treats available for purchase. There will also be an expert panel talking about food and wellbeing. Go on, be brave!
3. Tamsin’s Table Cooking School. A visit to this amazing cooking school and farm is on my must do list. Tamsin’s Table runs Cooking classes and shared table experiences at their hilltop Farmhouse set on 113 acres in Gippsland (not far from Drouin). It looks so beautiful (I do a little Insta-stalking) and I can’t believe it is so close by. Have you been? I would love to know what you think?
4. Gardivalia Festival of Gardens. Open Garden Festival in the nearby Baw Baw region. It runs for the next two weekends and there are some amazing and interesting gardens listed.
5. I really must recommend a visit to LuxBite in South Yarra. The traffic is annoying but the cakes are worth dreaming about. Or is that a weird me thing?
6. Crepe Suzette’s anyone? I love all things vintage (obsessed? Me?) so a recipe like this is too hard for me to resist. Check out the latest Australian Gourmet Traveller for the recipe. Or you could try eatmystreet’s very own Vintage Classic recipe Creme de menthe Pie.
7. Main Street Mornington Festival is also on this Sunday. There will be seasonal produce, delicious food, and a large selection of Australia’s best wine makers, bands, roving artists and local art on display.
8. How could I not mention the Melbourne Marathon which is being held this Sunday. Best of luck to everyone who is competing, but especially to a special friend of mine who has trained very hard, for a long time, to be part of it. Go hard lovelies.
That is it for this Friday. As always I would love you to add your suggestions in the comments below, or share the post on Facebook. Sharing is caring.
Whatever you are doing this weekend, enjoy every moment of it.