This is my very simple and very tasty Easy Chicken Laksa Recipe. I often whip this up on a Sunday night and fill it with veggies from my crisper. Once you get confident with the flavours you can mix it up a little and try adding fresh chilli, Kaffir lime leaves (to the stock), or some different vegetables. I often poach my own chicken fillet in place of a shredded store bought chicken. It is a very flexible recipe.
I also really, really love this soup. It is my favourite meal to cook when I am home alone and have no one else to please! It makes me feel good and is easy on the stomach (unless you add those chilli’s).
I hope that you might enjoy it too.
- 250g rice vermicelli noodles
- 1/2 cup laksa paste
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 4-5 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon of bashed and diced lemongrass
- 1 small thumb sized piece of fresh ginger
- 1/2 large barbecued chicken, skin and bones removed, meat shredded
- 150g frozen peas, corn or other vegies. I alternate between carrot, corn spears, bean sprouts and celery.
- 1 handful of loose baby spinach leaves
- 1 fresh lime
- 1/2 bunch fresh coriander and some bean sprouts to serve
Place your chicken stock into a saucepan and add the lemongrass and ginger and heat slowly through.
Place noodles in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 5 minutes or until tender. Using a fork, separate noodles. Drain.
Heat a wok or large saucepan over medium heat. Add laksa paste. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until fragrant.
Add coconut milk and strained stock. Bring to the boil.
Add chicken and peas and spinach. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until peas are bright green and tender.
Do a taste test and then adjust flavours as necessary.
Divide noodles between bowls. Spoon over soup. Top with coriander and bean sprouts.
Serve with a wedge of lime.