Spring is most definitely in.
Here is my list of what’s on in Berwick and beyond this weekend.
- For entrée why not try Nigella Lawson’s Marsalla Honey Pears with Gorgonzola. This is one of my favourite recipes and it is simple too!
- For mains, Emma from “Emma’s Garden Grows” shares her Lentil, Chorizo and Silverbeet Stew.
- For dessert you might try the Salted Caramel Slice with some vanilla bean ice-cream.
Or you can check out my Pinterest page for a host of other great recipes.
- Sam Michelle is a local Berwick girl and an amazing artist. You may have seen her work hanging on the walls of Primary@ Pioneer Park Cafe. Well the good news is she runs art classes. Why not book in for one of them? Go here to find out more.
- I also found this blog, of local girl Rochelle. Rochelle loves her paper craft and card making and her enthusiasm is infectious.
- Paperworks Gallery in Berwick are also running their own weekly art classes. Aren’t we lucky to have so much talent in one area?
- Farmers Market at the Old Cheese Factory is on in Berwick this Saturday morning. Herbs, strawberries, cheese and more. Yum!
- Or, the brand new Belgrave Farmers Market launches this Saturday morning. 8.30am to 1.30pm. Go along to show them your support.
- Or if a quiet stroll through a beautiful gift store is more your thing, you have to visit Seven Pages in Sassafras. Do all your gift shopping in one place and support this local business.
- Restaurant Lume has just one a whole swag of awards and it is now on my must try list.
- I recently had a quick coffee at Round Bird Cant Fly in Lilydale and I am keen to return. This might be something to do with their amazing sounding “Brioche French toast with macerated berries and chai ice-cream.”
- I have heard a lot of good things about Forest Edge Restaurant in Gembrook, but I have never visited. It think it must be about time I changed that.
There are a few great events on this weekend including
- I have been reading a lot from Maxabella Loves lately. She writes in a wonderfully cheerful and engaging way about raising children, parenting, and just being human. I think you will enjoy reading her blog too.
- I met Dhanya from The Spice Adventurous recently. She has an amazing food blog with a long and varied list of recipes. Plus, she is local and she is lovely. Check her out!
- Looking for a great book recommendation? I always am…. I just finished reading “All the light we cannot see” by Anthony Doerr. I. loved. it. Such a delicate but powerful story full of characters that you will not forget.
That is it. I hope you find something wonderful to do, read, see or make this weekend. Don’t forget to take a moment, preferably with a lovely cup of tea.
What are your plans for this lovely Spring weekend? I’d love to hear about any events around town that I may have missed.
Have fun whatever it is you do.