One banana, two banana, three banana, four.
I got too many bananas!
Oh but the magic they can create when mixed with butter, sugar, eggs.
This is the easiest Banana Cake Recipe, and also oh so tasty.
125 g butter
3/4 cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 small very ripe, mashed bananas
1 1/2 cup self-raising flour
1/4 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
- Melt the butter in a medium sized saucepan.
- Add the sugar and vanilla and stir until all melted through and then remove from the heat.
- Mash your bananas.
- Add mashed bananas to the butter mixture and lightly stir through.
- Add egg and milk and mix in well. Add the flour and lightly stir through.
- Pour into a lined tin and bake for approximately 40 minutes.
Voila! Banana Cake.
I topped mine with a delicious Cream Cheese Frosting because it is my favourite. I also added a lovely summer fruit salad to the top, because I knew we were going to eat the cake immediately.
I have been making this simple recipe for many moons and I really hope you like it.