I have started a new love affair, with tea.
This partly started because my old love affair, with coffee, was complicated and slightly too intense. That moment where you realise you have just overdosed on caffeine, is not a happy one. Eyes darting, body jumping, the jitters and then that awful crash.
Coffee and I, we had to cool it a little (and I am not referring to the cold brew method).
Along came tea.
The benefits of drinking tea include.
- tea contains antioxidants
- herbal tea provides you with the opportunity to avoid caffeine
- tea helps keep you hydrated
- Brewing & then sitting quietly with a cup of tea can help invoke the relaxation response.
- Making a cup of tea is soothing
- and sharing it with someone else increases friend-y fun.
This is my final year at home looking after a little person. I have time to drink tea and wander through the garden and dance to Bill Haley and the Comets. I have time to take a moment, and I intend to enjoy it.
The tears will come later of course, when it is all over and my final little person heads off to school. Maybe then tea will be my comfort.
I have also compiled a mini reading list of beautiful blog posts about tea.
- “How to make your own handmade tea bags” with Madame Clochette.
- “Five types of tea” with Zinc Moon.
- “Make your own iced tea” with Naomi Loves.
I hope you enjoy reading them.
Until then, here are some more of my favourite tea photos for your enjoyment.
Dani B xx