Creamy Rice Pudding with Coconut and Mango
This is a delicious and creamy rice pudding recipe that my whole family love.
Great to cook in the colder months, but also suitable all year around thanks to the addition of mango and toasted coconut.
You can change the type of fruit that you add, depending on what is in season. Have a think about what you would like and what is fresh and if you think it will complement this sweet and creamy pudding then give it a try. You can also swap the coconut for toasted and chopped nuts.
I hope you enjoy this delicious rice pudding. It really is one of my favourites.
1 litre of milk
240ml of cream
60g of butter
I vanilla bean, split and scraped
160g sweetened condensed milk
120g Arborio rice
1 diced mango or one small tub of diced mango
4 tbsp shredded coconut, toasted
- Use a sharp knife to split the vanilla bean down the middle. Scrape out the seeds. Add the pod and seeds to the milk and cream. Bring milk and cream to the boil, add the rice and turn down the heat to very low.
- Stir frequently until rice is soft, about 30 minutes.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and butter, continue stirring and cooking for a few more minutes.
- Take off the heat. Allow rice to stand in the pot for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve creamy rice with a spoonful of diced mango, and a sprinkling of toasted coconut.
Dani B xx