Anyone else absolutely love Bounty Bars and wish they could make their own? When you see how simple this Bounty recipe is you might be willing to give it a try.
These are my home made bounty balls. Idea number two for the Sweet Swap 2014. They are made with only three ingredients, pretty simple right?
These were rejected for use in the actual sweet swap because my kids loved these delicious sweets so much, they eat them all before I can send them off. Seems they are not for sharing!
Three ingredients: sweet chocolate, coconut and condensed milk.
- Mix 1 can of Sweetened Condensed Milk, with
- 3 cups of shredded coconut.
- 425g of good quality eating chocolate
- Mix the coconut and condensed milk together thoroughly in a bowl.
- Scoop large teaspoons of mixture out and roll into balls.
- Pop the balls onto greaseproof paper and place into the freezer until firm.
- Carefully melt approx 425g of Chocolate
- Dip those little babies into the chocolate and allow to set. I use a spoon for the dipping and more bang paper for them to drain on.
Putting the coconut balls in the freezer before coating them in chocolate makes them easier to enrobe.
I also discovered through trial and error that Whittakers plain milk chocolate was perfect for this recipe and more appropriate than couverture cooking chocolate. 🙂
I have also played around with the recipe. You can easily add in some dried, chopped fruit or nuts to change the texture of these little sweets. I think dates, chia seeds or apricots would be perfect.
What do you think of my beautiful new op shop find, the plate, for those playing along at home?
I couldn’t help but show it off!
So give these simple home made Bounty Balls a try and see what you think. I wonder if they will make it out of your house before they get gobbled up?