I have been having a little practise of some recipes for the upcoming Blogger Sweet Swap. This is where a few Australian food bloggers get together to spread the love and share some of our favourite sweet treats with each other.
Imagine how awesome it is to receive three seperate little packages of home baked goodness in the past.
This is also a lot of fun for my whole family as I do lots of practising before I send of my sweets. I love having the opportunity to think of and try lots of new creative recipes :-),
The kids get to eat a lot of sweets.
Hubby gets to do the dishes ;-).
The above recipe was my fist idea/ attempt and the eventual dish that I sent out via Aus Post.
200g of good chocolate (the best you can find)
1/3 cup of cream
1 small packet of Dried/ dehydrated strawberries or raspberries
15g Roasted Cashews
1. Break the chocolate into small pieces and mix with the cream.
2. Melt in a ceramic bowl over a saucepan of hot water.
3. Stir gently as it melts and enjoy the gorgeous silkiness of it all.
4. Allow to cool and then pop into the fridge until mixture firms up.
5. While the mixture cool bash come dried strawberries and nuts (separately). Place into small bowls. Add cocoa powder to a third bowl.
6. Scoop truffle mixture into small balls and roll into truffles. You chose the size!
7. Dip into the spice mix.
So my truffles looked and tasted great. I used a dark chocolate with a high percentage of Cocoa but I think I might also like them with a sweeter chocolate.
The strawberry dust was an awesome foil to the bitter chocolate and it also helps them to look very beautiful! I will make them again.
I don’t think they sent well in the post so I will not be using them for my Sweet Swap Challenge again. But on the bright side, today I will be cooking with chocolate again!
Would you like to be involved in a bloggers swap?
Update. I made the recipe again with a slightly sweeter chocolate and it was perfect. You can read more here about the Sweet Swap. Should I do it again next year? I am not sure…. Check out my Facebook page to be kept up to date. Maybe you might even consider joining me?